A message from the office
Dear Clients and Friends,
March 20, 2020 - We received the news that the due date for filing and paying taxes that are due April 15th has been extended until July 15th. We will post updates when additional information is known.
In consideration of the news surrounding the spread of COVID-19, including recent updates and requests by President Trump, we wish to update you on Craig Franklin CPA, P.C.’s, business continuity plan and response to what is now considered a pandemic. We are making every effort to ensure that this situation will not affect the timeliness or quality of the work we are doing. With this in mind, we have set in motion a plan to protect our clients and employees that will likely stay in effect through May 15th or until further guidance is provided by, U.S. Government, City of San Antonio, and Bexar County.
• At one level it’s business as normal as we will continue to work on your tax returns and financial statements. Our Firm is paperless, we already communicate extensively through telephone and email, and have been delivering tax returns electronically through SafeSend to most clients.
• We will continue to operate on our normal office hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, but have decided to discontinue in-person meetings in the office until we receive guidance that they can be safely resumed.
• We request meetings be done via phone calls or online meeting platforms in lieu of an in-person meeting.
• We are able to send you completed tax returns electronically through SafeSend which eliminates the need for you to pick-up copies of your return. Any original documents you submitted can be retrieved from our front reception area at a later date that is convenient for you, or we will mail them back to you at your request.
• Many of our employees are working remotely when possible, and we have asked them to respect government restrictions on mobility because it is in all of our best interest.
• We will continue to monitor evolving legislation impacting tax return due dates, extended payment dates and interest and penalty relief on any late payments. Nonetheless, we will continue to prepare returns with April 15th in mind in order to get as many filed as possible. Where applicable we also want to get refunds in your hands as soon as possible. It is estimated that typically about 70% of individuals receive refunds.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, while taking a calm, yet diligent approach, and will update you with any further changes or best practices in dealing with it.
How quickly things can change. It’s new to us, but the human race has faced pestilences and afflictions like this in the past. It makes sense to be careful and try to head off what could be a worst-case scenario. Our optimistic viewpoint and prayer are that we find a renewed sense of human love and compassion for family, friends, co-workers and neighbors.
Our very best wishes for your good health and well being,
From each one of us here at Craig Franklin CPA, P.C.
Home of Craig Franklin, CPA, P.C.
At Craig Franklin, CPA, P.C., we believe in the value of relationships. We view every client relationship like a partnership, and truly believe that our success is a result of your success. We are committed to providing close, personal attention to our clients. We take pride in giving you the assurance that the personal assistance you receive comes from years of advanced training, technical experience and financial acumen.
We provide a variety of services including, but not limited to:
• Income Tax Preparation for businesses, partnerships, individuals, estate and trusts
• IRS and State Audit Representation
• Sage Accounting®, setup, support and training
• QuickBooks® setup, support and training
• Business startup services
• Retirement Plan Design
• Monthly bookkeeping
• Financial statements - making sure your financial records are timely and accurate